Terms, conditions, pricing
Continuing Education Opportunities from NASw/Texas
View CE opportunities from NASW/Texas here.
The Texas Suicide Prevention Council will host the Texas Suicide Prevention Symposium
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Hilton Houston North
12400 Greenspoint Drive
Houston TX 77060
About 800 mental health and suicide prevention advocates are expected to attend this event which features national suicide prevention program experts and researchers.
Registration: Free registration, first-come first served. Register online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/suicide-prevention-symposium-coming-together-to-care-2015-registration-16395825355
- Overview of Texas and National Zero Suicide Initiatives
- Innovations in Clinical Assessment and Treatment
- Suicide Safer Schools!
- Social Media, Messaging and Safety – Using Today's Media Tools Effectively and Safely
- Applied Intervention Tools
- Prevention and Resiliency in Special Populations
Co-presented by: Texas Suicide Prevention Council, Texas Department of State Health Services Mental Health America of Texas Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Terri Goodman and Associates.
32nd Annual TNOYS Conference on Services to Youth and Families, The Next Chapter: Writing the Future of Youth Services
Wyndham Hotel Riverwalk, San Antonio
Early Bird Rate is $325
Providing CE's for youth workers, social worker, LPCs, LMFTs, and LCCAs
Workshop sessions will focus on runaway, homeless, and foster youth as well as programs and initiatives that strengthen youth and families to divert them from – or empower them within – the juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
Why register early? To take advantage of the Early Bird Rate and gain access to our two great pre-institutes: Trauma-Informed Care in Group Settings (FREE) and the Politics and Practices of Ethical Decision-Making ($65 Fee). Both of these pre-institutes have limited seating so register today to secure your seat!
THIRD ANNUAL MILITARY SOCIAL WORK CONFERENCE:
STRENGTHENING MILITARY FAMILIES THROUGH EFFECTIVE COMMUNITY PRACTICES
September 16-18, 2015
The University of Texas at Austin
Online registration and Hotel Reservations now open!
Conference participants will hear from leading clinicians and researchers in the field of mental health and family services to military personnel and veterans. Sessions will focus on clinical skill building with an emphasis on "best practices” and evidence-based treatment techniques in social work. Topics will cover core clinical issues relevant to working with this population. Topics related to effective teaching and training of social work students in military and veteran social work will also be offered. The conference will provide a forum to meet others, exchange ideas, and develop deep support networks of colleagues. We look forward to having you here!
Adoption Training for Professionals: Hope Cottage presents Adoption Then and Now
Keynote Speaker: Adam Pertman*
July 10, 2015
Hope Cottage Pregnancy and Adoption Center
2801 Swiss Ave.
Dallas, TX 75204
9:30AM to 4:00PM
$65 before July 6 ($75 at the door)
Contact Amy Broussard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*6 CEU’s will be provided for SW and LPC*
Adam Pertman is the President and Founder of the National Center on Adoption and Permanency, an organization that provides information, resources, training, education, and advocacy on adoption- related issues. He wrote Adoption Nation, which has been reviewed as "the most important book ever written on the subject. He is also the former head of the Donaldson Adoption Institute and has been a guest on many programs, including "Oprah,” "Today,” "The View” and "Nightline.”
NEW, Free Web Education Course
Understanding Malpractice Risk: What Social Workers Can Do
HIGH QUALITY ON-LINE CONTINUING EDUCATION FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME OR OFFICE, TX State Board of SW approval number 5089, www.yourceus.com
partners with 14 state chapters of NASW to offer: Exceptional course
content… Easy to use format…High level of support…24/7 immediate course
access. A wide variety of courses to fulfill your ethics requirements
and expand your clinical knowledge base. Contact us today at www.yourceus.com, 888-247-1991, email@example.com.
Classroom and Online Continuing Education Credits Available!
We Offer Affordable, Convenient, and High Quality CEUs.
Preparation for the State Licensing Exams, Trauma and Abuse, Military and Veteran Affairs,
Gerontology, Ethics, Stress Management, Dating Violence Prevention, Suicide Intervention,
Treatment Planning, Clinical Supervision Skills, Advocacy for Social Justice, and More!
For Course Descriptions log on to our website, www.uta.edu/ssw/pd.
Call or email us for a catalog!
CEUs accepted by: the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners (#5712),
Texas Department of Health, Board of Professional Counselors (#2234),
Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (#189),
and Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers (#20110138).
Terms, conditions, pricing
clinician - conroe, tx
The Clinician is responsible for providing mental health assessment and counseling, as well as monitoring clients’ mental well-being and adjustment. The Clinician position is based in Conroe, TX and is subject to work extended hours and weekends, and to be on-call.
- Conduct intake and diagnostic assessments with clients.
- Develop treatment plans.
- Provide counseling and crisis intervention.
- Continually monitor the mental well-being of clients and arrange for services.
- Provide clinical services within guidelines.
One of the following:
- Licensed or license eligible (to include but not limited to: LPC, LCSW, LMFT).
- Master’s Degree in Social Work and two years of postgraduate direct service delivery experience.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology or other relevant field in which clinical training and experience is a requirement.
- Experience working with children and/or families from high-risk backgrounds.
- Successful completion of 86 hours of pre-service training and job shadowing.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be eligible to drive to facilitate program services.
- Cleared Tuberculosis and drug test results.
- Cleared background check.
- Bilingual. (English/Spanish).
Interested applicants must apply on www.swkey.org, job #2015-4198.
PRIVATE INTERDISCIPLINARY GROUP PRACTICE: seeks a Texas Licensed Social Worker with early childhood experience.
Main office is located in the Houston - Galleria area, with a satellite office in the fast growing Sugar Land area - 100% private pay. Team consists of 2 child psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, and 5 other specialists. Send resumes to: Tarnow Center for Self Management, Attn: Jay Tarnow, MD by Fax: 713-621-7015 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to www.tarnowcenter.com for more information about our center.
The AOD Counselor
The AOD Counselor is responsible for assessment, treatment, development and implementation of client therapeutic plans as well as development and delivery of staff training. This position is subject to work extended hours and weekends, to be on-call and is based out of San Marcos, TX.
- Conduct intake, admission, and diagnostic assessments with clients, and document results according to Southwest Key Programs standards.
- Prepare goal-oriented psychosocial diagnostic assessments, service plans and progress reports; update service plans and engage service team members in the process.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate client groups on specific issues; utilize program specific curriculums in accordance to contract requirements.
- Provide case consultations and lead case staffing meetings.
- Travel as needed for trainings, conferences or to provide home based, one-to-one counseling for clients and family.
- Master's degree in clinical social work, counseling or other mental health field, or clinical or counseling psychologist or Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor.
- Licensed or license eligible in respective field (to include but not limited to: (LPC, LCSW, LCDC, LMFT).
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and database systems.
- Clear background check from appropriate entity.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, registration, and maintain state mandated car insurance; excellent driving record required.
- Two to three years of training or experience.
- Experience working with community-based programs, treatment facilities and/or direct practical experience with children and family therapy.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Interested applicants should apply at https://www.swkey.org/about/jobs/.
Licensed Counselor for Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program for substance abuse.
This full time position in our Frisco location provides direct clinical services to adult clients, including assessments, group, individual and family counseling and education. Maintains comprehensive clinical documentation in electronic medical records, interfaces with referral sources and assists with utilization review. Minimum requirements include a Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor and 1 year clinical experience preferably working in an IOP program. Experience with dual diagnosis is helpful. PRN (contract) positions are available for other Dallas area locations. Please email resumes to email@example.com.
Give an Hour™ (GAH), a national nonprofit, providing free mental health services to military personnel and their families, is seeking a Project Coordinator based in the Houston, Texas, area.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Manage coordination of community-based efforts to create an integrated care system for military service members, vets and their families
- Recruit additional mental health professionals for our provider network
- Map out needs, identify gaps in resources, develop strategies to bridge
- MA/MS in psychology, counseling, social work, or related areas preferred
- BA/BS considered with strong background in community organizing, behavioral health experience
- Military service or extensive familiarity with military culture preferred
- Residence in or near Houston, TX
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a virtual office environment
To apply forward resume, cover letter along with salary expectations to HR@giveanhour.org.
Medical Social Worker
Center for Medical Genetics (CMG) is a private institute dedicated to providing
the most comprehensive genetics testing services available to patients and
physicians. We offer convenient, conclusive results in a timely manner and we
provide a broad range of laboratory services in the field of genetics which include
cytogenetics, molecular genetics, biochemical genetics, as well as genetic
Medical Social Worker is responsible for providing counseling services and
resources to patients on different types of genetic testing. The Medical Social
Worker will be responsible for initial patient assessment to women related to
medical care and treatment options.
Provide and coordinate
patient care and education regarding genetic testing.
- Counsel patients
regarding prenatal testing indications, abnormal screening results,
abnormal ultrasound findings, recurrent miscarriages and ancestry based
- Document and
produce consultation reports clearly and concisely in written format.
with front and back office duties which include answering phones and making
appointments when necessary.
Clinic Manager with supervision of the clinic employees in solving technical
and operational problems when necessary.
up to 15% within the Rio Grande Valley area.
- Additional duties as required.
/ Experience Required:
Degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- 1 to
2 years of experience in a clinical office environment.
- Ability to tailor, translate and communicate complex
information in a simple relevant way for a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to dissect and analyze a complex problem
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) Outlook
- Must be detailed oriented
Please send resume to Sheila Rolland at firstname.lastname@example.org or
for more information feel free to call 713-357-4111.
Behavioral Health Manager
If you would like to make a difference to people’s lives and be involved in helping to grow a Behavioral Health program, AIDS Arms Inc. is seeking a Manager for its Behavioral Health Program. Major responsibilities include providing oversight/direction of the Behavioral Health program for HIV positive individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders as well as risk reduction counseling. The candidate will help guide the future growth and development of the program and provide direct supervision to Behavioral Health Specialists and staff providing risk reduction counseling and linkage to care services. The candidate must be culturally competent and experienced in working with diverse populations within a human services field, such as social work, psychology, counseling or public health; skilled in assessment techniques and crisis intervention; knowledgeable about risk behaviors for HIV/STD transmission and acquisition, human sexuality, substance abuse, and behavior change strategies. The candidate must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication abilities. Requirements include a master’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling, three years’ experience in a relevant field and demonstrated supervisory experience. Licensure to provide clinical services - LMSW, LPC, LMFT- is required; LCSW or LPC(S) preferred. Interested candidates should apply online at https://aidsarms.companycareersite.com/.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Provide comprehensive social work services in the outpatient setting, full time or part time. One year experience with ESRD patients preferred. Master’s degree in social work and LCSW, state license. Competitive salaries, excellent health, free life insurance, no charge disability benefits, generous paid time off policy that recognizes your direct dialysis experience. Resumes to: Maribel Castillo, Clinic Manager, Email: email@example.com. DFWP/ EOE. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. www.americanrenal.com.
Terms, conditions, pricing
North Dallas near Hillcrest Road and LBJ : Full-time office available beginning October 1.
One of a four-office suite that is situated on the first floor of an attractive atrium-style building featuring a coffee shop and covered parking for tenants. The suite contains a waiting room, a multi-purpose room (can be set up for group therapy, play therapy, etc.), a file room with copier/phone fax, a kitchen, and a private exit. Monthly rent of approximately $600 also includes internet access throughout. Contact Wendy Weltman Palmer, L.C.S.W. at coachwendy@ flash.net or 214-363-0275.
Office space located in Frisco, TX at 425 Old Newman Rd. Ste. 202 is available for lease.
It is a free standing building with ample parking. The building is shared with an IOP but has separate entrance, waiting, and restrooms areas. Amenities include basic kitchen / coffee area, water fountains, internet access and use of a group room. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Office space located in Carrollton TX, at 1445 McArthur Blvd, Ste. 220 is available for lease.
The office has is shared waiting area with an IOP. Included is ample parking, basic kitchen / coffee area, workroom, internet access and use of group room. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Clinical Supervision by a Board approved supervisor, LCSW, BCD, CGP, with an interactive teaching style. Rates for individual and/or group sessions. Kathy T. Rider, LCSW, BCD, CGP, firstname.lastname@example.org. 512-452-8948, ext. 4.
Office space located in Central Austin one block north of 35th and Jefferson in the Franklin Square Bldg. Office space on 2nd floor with windows available for lease. Amenities: kitchen, breakroom, bathroom, copier, fax machine, internet access, 24 hr answered voice mail phone system, file room, and surface parking. Collegial group in 6 office suite with shared waiting room. 2 offices available. $960 per month (12.9 x 21.2); $755 per month (11.3 x 17.3). Contact Kathy Rider, LCSW at 512-452-8948, ext. 4 or email@example.com
NASW, Texas Chapter, publishes Office Space and services listings to
its members and other social workers around the state. The accuracy or
validity of the description provided by agencies or qualifications
submitted by applicants are the sole responsibilities of those parties.
There is a $50 per month listing fee for the first 150 words, plus $1
for every additional word to advertise in the Online Bulletin. Payment is expected at time of posting.
Discounts are available for ads that run 6 months or more. Ads that are
paid in advance for six months or longer will be given a 20% discount.
For more information, or to submit an ad, contact Virginia Cantu at (512) 474-1454.
More online and print advertising options.