A major mission of NASW is to support individual social workers and advance professional social work practice in all settings: academic, agency, business, clinical, community, educational, government, health, hospitals, industry, criminal justice, planning, policy development, and private practice. Toward this end, NASW/Texas is committed to working on behalf our our members by providing free consultation to members and advocating for social workers and the social work profession by:
- Filing legislation that protects social workers, the profession and their clients.
- Joining forces to advocate with the other mental health professional associations on practice and policy issues.
- Negotiating social work's place with managed care companies and the insurance industry.
- Promoting professional practice standards and ethics.
- Protecting and supporting members by helping them deal with developments affecting their employment, practice, and clients
Social Workers and Document Destruction Questions
2009 Medicare Bonus Incentive Program for Clinical Social Workers
Click here for more information.
Visit the Clinical Reimbursement Resources page.
2007-2008 NASW Texas Salary Survey Report
NEW Minimum Qualifications for Court Ordered Social Studies
Click here to read the requirements.
Click here to learn more about the minimum qualifications for social studies.
Trailblazer link to mental health reimbursement issues for clinical social workers.
NASW Assurance Services: NASW's professional liability insurance information
Delayed Implementation Date For Revised CMS-1500 Form
Social Workers & Social Work Services as Defined in Medicare Law & Regulations Citations, Analysis, & Summary