Get Your Compliance Ducks in a Row!
Did you know that Texas passed a law recently that requires even private pay solo practitioners to follow HIPAA? Do you know that HIPAA training is required? Do you have a complete "HIPAA Compliance File” full of forms and policies & an up-to-date risk assessment?
If you didn’t answer yes to these questions, you may not be in compliance with state and federal law. This training can help! It’s a 3-hour CEU workshop, based on the presenter's research as a solo private practice therapist, as to what is important to understand and do, in order to comply with the HIPAA, HITECH, & HB300 regulations. Most important, the presenter shares this information in an easy-to-understand manner and even adds a little humor to the subject!
In this workshop, you will learn:
- What you should have been doing to fulfill HIPAA already
- Ways the new HIPAA guidelines are likely to affect the solo private practice therapist
- The ethics of privacy and security
- How Texas HB 300 (the Texas Medical Privacy Act) affects HIPAA & your compliance
- HIPAA versus your professional Code of Ethics
- Typical problems the private practice therapist might encounter (like: email, texting, and compliance documentation)
- Solutions: products, practices, forms, checklists, and more resources that can help!
- This course provides 3 hours Ethics CEU via the TX Social Work Board.
- This course meets the Federal & Texas standards for HIPAA training
Preregistration is available online at NASWTX.org until Sunday, February 21, 2016. Seating is limited and preregistration is encouraged.
NASW Members- $65
Cancellations will be refunded less at $35 processing fee if made by Friday, February 12, 2016. Registrations are non-refundable after that date.
Not an NASW Member?
Sign up today at www.socialworkers.org/join.asp and enjoy discounted registration on this and many other great events! After you join, please email email@example.com with your name and new Member ID Number and we will create a Texas profile for you so you can access the member rate for this event.
This workshop will be held at the University of Houston-Downtown, Academic Building, Room A300, One Main Street, Houston, TX 77002. (Map >>here.<< Note, the Academic Building appears as Building #1 on the map.)
Garage parking for visitors is available in the Academic Building. **Garage entrance is off of Girard Street. Cost is approximately $8. Additional metered parking available under the nearby interstate.
The workshop will begin at 1 PM. Please arrive at least 10-15 minutes early to check in.
The UHD Tau Delta Chapter of Phi Alpha
Meet Katie Malinski, LCSW
I am a therapist in private practice in Austin, specializing in parenting and kids. I’m not a lawyer, and can’t give legal advice—but I can explain in simple language what I’ve learned and what I’m doing. You can read more about me and my clinical work on either of these websites: www.KatieMalinski.com or www.BeyondBirdsandBees.com.