Terms, conditions, pricing
Continuing Education Opportunities from NASw/Texas
View CE opportunities from NASW/Texas here.
REGISTER NOW for The Renfrew Center Foundation’s
4CE Training in Dallas, TX.
The Renfrew Center Foundation is dedicated to eliminating eating disorders by advancing education, prevention, advocacy, research and treatment. Seminars are designed to help healthcare professionals develop skills in the prevention, assessment and treatment of behavioral and emotional disorders in women. Christian-Based Treatment of Eating Disorders: Reconciling Self, Life and God in Dallas, TX, on Friday, October 14, 2016.
In this seminar, participants will discuss eating disorders within the Christian community and innovative treatment strategies. The seminar is from 8:15am – 12:30pm, offers 4 CE Credits and includes a continental breakfast. For more information on this training or to register, please visit www.renfrewcenter.com or call 1-877-367-3383.
Adoption Training for Professionals:
Hope Cottage presents Beneath the Mask: Adoption Through the Eyes of Adolescents
Featuring: Debbie B Riley, LCMFT*
November 4, 2016.
Hope Cottage: 609 Texas Street. Dallas, TX 75204.
9:00AM to 4:00PM
$65 before October 31 ($75 at the door)
Contact Amy Broussard at email@example.com for more information.
*6 CEU’s will be provided for SW and LPC
* Adolescence is a time when adoptees struggle with an extra layer of challenges related to their identity, their future and their past. Ms. Debbie Riley, LCMFT, C.E.O. of C.A.S.E. and author of Beneath the Mask: Understanding Adopted Teens, facilitates this training weaving in excerpts from her book. Normal tasks of the teen years are intensified by adoption, particularly if teens are being raised by parents of a different race or culture. This workshop provides participants with an understanding of how adoption influences the normal tasks of adolescence including separation from parents, identity formation, and decisions related to sexuality. Potential mild and serious emotional and behavioral issues at home and at school will be addressed.
A Day of Inspiration for Bereaved Parents, Grandparents, and Siblings as well as Professionals
Saturday, October 22, 2016
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Westbury United Methodist Church
5200 Willowbend Blvd.
Register by October 1, 2016 at http://conta.cc/2b0pkAM
Click here for flyer
NEW, Free Web Education Course
Understanding Malpractice Risk: What Social Workers Can Do
HIGH QUALITY ON-LINE CONTINUING EDUCATION FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME OR OFFICE, TX State Board of SW approval number 5089, www.yourceus.com
partners with 14 state chapters of NASW to offer: Exceptional course
content… Easy to use format…High level of support…24/7 immediate course
access. A wide variety of courses to fulfill your ethics requirements
and expand your clinical knowledge base. Contact us today at www.yourceus.com, 888-247-1991, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classroom and Online Continuing Education Credits Available!
We Offer Affordable, Convenient, and High Quality CEUs.
Preparation for the State Licensing Exams, Trauma and Abuse, Military and Veteran Affairs,
Gerontology, Ethics, Stress Management, Dating Violence Prevention, Suicide Intervention,
Treatment Planning, Clinical Supervision Skills, Advocacy for Social Justice, and More!
For Course Descriptions log on to our website, www.uta.edu/ssw/pd.
Call or email us for a catalog!
CEUs accepted by: the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners (#5712),
Texas Department of Health, Board of Professional Counselors (#2234),
Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (#189),
and Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers (#20110138).
Terms, conditions, pricing
Adoption Social Worker, Hope International
Hope International is an international nonprofit adoption agency. The Adoption Social Worker will be expected to maintain a caseload of adoptive families. The Social Worker will prepare families for their adoptions by providing training and completing home studies, then provide ongoing support and resources after placement. This position is also responsible for office support activities, including but not limited to, marketing, fundraising, and client tracking. The Social Worker reports directly to the Executive Director.
This is a full time job, averaging 40 hours a week, with some evening and weekend home visits required. Experience in international adoption or related field preferred. Bachelors or masters degree in social work required. Candidates must be licensed social workers or be eligible to become licensed within the next 3 months. Bilingual – Spanish and English – strongly preferred.
To apply, contact Dawn Ford, Executive Director, at (214) 672-9399 or email@example.com.
Full Time Licensed Clinicians for Rotational Positions
Magellan Health is seeking licensed clinicians to work as Child Youth Behavioral School Counselors with the Military & Family Life Counseling Program in Texas. The program provides non-medical, short-term, walk around counseling.
- Master’s Degree, must be licensed and eligible to work at the independent practice level;
- Experience: 2 years minimum post-masters, 5-8 yrs. preferred
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused counseling methods
- Ability to prove US Citizenship
- Knowledge and expertise in solution-focused, brief counseling and providing consultation;
- Prior military service or having a military family member, strong familiarity with military culture, and/or prior services as MFLC or CYB counselor are preferred
Please contact Kathy Wurster.
Apply online at www.magellanhealth.com.
Currently hiring for Utilization Management & Disease Management Specialist positions for the Austin Area!
Candidates would be working with a large client that is hiring due to a vast amount of growth. The company is currently seeking Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Master Social Workers. For future openings, we could also be searching for students with a Bachelor’s in Social Work or current students. If interested, or if you’d like to learn more, please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to working with you!
Southwest Key Programs, Bilingual Clinician
Bilingual (English and Spanish) social work clinicians are needed to work with unaccompanied immigrant minors in a shelter environment in Texas or Arizona. The Clinician will help create a safe, child-friendly and culturally sensitive environment. The Clinician will perform assessments and treatments while developing and implementing client therapeutic plans as well as training/developing staff.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $3000 signing bonus
- $5000 annual salary increase for working a regular shift that includes a Saturday or Sunday
- $2000 per month for a part-time, weekend Clinician
- $250 per day for Monday-Friday Clinician that picks up a Saturday or Sunday shift
- $100 per month for each case load over 12 during influx season
- 401K and full health benefits
- $3000 out-of-state relocation bonus
- Master’s degree in clinical social work, counseling or other mental health field, or clinical or counseling psychologist
- Licensed or license-eligible in respective field (to include but not limited to LPC, LCSW, LMFT)
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
Send your resume to email@example.com.
Please note NASW TX in the subject line.
Terms, conditions, pricing
OFFICE SPACE AVAILABLE; W Houston, Katy area
Downstairs (16 X 10) with storage closet; handicap accessible, including bathroom & parking; kitchenette; common reception area; suite shared with 3 therapists. $625 per month w/ 1 year contract. For info, contact either Anne Marie Cook, LCSW at (281) 645-6487 or email Michele Ward, LPC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NASW, Texas Chapter, publishes Office Space and services listings to
its members and other social workers around the state. The accuracy or
validity of the description provided by agencies or qualifications
submitted by applicants are the sole responsibilities of those parties.
There is a $50 per month listing fee for the first 150 words, plus $1
for every additional word to advertise in the Online Bulletin. Payment is expected at time of posting.
Discounts are available for ads that run 6 months or more. Ads that are
paid in advance for six months or longer will be given a 20% discount. Job announcements for positions with NASW statewide chapter and national offices are posted free of charge. For more information, or to submit an ad, contact Virginia Cantu at (512) 474-1454.
More online and print advertising options.