A major mission of NASW is to support individual social workers and advance professional social work practice in all settings: academic, agency, business, clinical, community, educational, government, health, hospitals, industry, criminal justice, planning, policy development, and private practice. Toward this end, NASW/Texas is committed to working on behalf our our members by providing free consultation to members and advocating for social workers and the social work profession by:
- Filing legislation that protects social workers, the profession and their clients.
- Joining forces to advocate with the other mental health professional associations on practice and policy issues.
- Negotiating social work's place with managed care companies and the insurance industry.
- Promoting professional practice standards and ethics.
- Protecting and supporting members by helping them deal with developments affecting their employment, practice, and clients